Thursday, February 14, 2008

Evolution

I have been grappling with the evolution/Creationism controversy which has been going on. For a long time, it seemed that there is no common ground to get the two sides together on. Then I saw the headline in the February 2008 NSTA Reports that read NAS: Science and Religion Not Mutually Exclusive. The ensuing article was about a new NAS publication dealing with the topic. When the article mentions that this book will help science teachers prevent school boards from requiring creationist ideas from being taught in science classes through a logical presentation of what science is, I was disappointed. So, the skeptic in me raises its ugly head. These two schools of thought are mutually exclusive. Just a sexy headline designed to get my attention.

No comments: